Back to Learners' Journey
ONLY FOR LEARNERS WHO HAVE COMPLETED BRONZE SEQ
QCF Level 2 Certificate in planning and delivering ongoing social enterprise activity
Only learners who have previously achieved Bronze SEQ are eligible for Silver top-up. It is a further 5 credits on the QCF, and is 35 Guided Learning Hours plus 15 Independent Learning Hours.
Learners build on their experience of having run a one off social enterprise activity, to develop an ongoing social enterprise. They deepen their understanding of social enterprise by using tools which will enable them to think about the sustainability of their business, taking into consideration its impact on people, planet and profit.
Section 1: Research & Development
A: What is the social enterprise activity going to be?
- What are your ideas for a better future? What social and environmental issues do you want to change?
- Taking your idea from Bronze, or coming up with a new idea, develop a social enterprise activity you can run over a period of time to generate income for a social or environmental need.
- Carry out market research to find out what the demand is for your product or service.
Section 2: Change & Impact
- Plan your social enterprise activity, taking into account People, Planet, Profit at every stage.
- Learn business tools to make your social enterprise robust; learn how to cash flow so you don’t run out of money; learn how to carry out a Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities Threats (SWOT) analysis to make use of all the resources around you, and think about how you will deal with problems before they happen.
- Run your social enterprise activity generating income for a social or environmental cause.
- Gain great ethical business skills; learn how to keep track of your income and expenditure over your trading period, learn how to gain feedback from customers and make your social enterprise even better as you go along…
- Look back at what you have achieved, and tell the world about it - promoting social enterprise as a means for change.