Back to Learners' Journey
QCF Level 2 Award in Preparing and Delivering a Social Enterprise Activity (601/0433/8)
Learners identify an issue they want to tackle; they research and understand Social Enterprise through real life examples of products and services; they then create ideas for running a one-off social enterprise activity, and plan and deliver that activity.
60 Guided Learning Hours, 20 Independent Learning Hours and 8 credits
Section 1: Research & Development
A: What are social issues?
• The first step of becoming a Social Entrepreneur - what makes you mad and what you want to change about our world?
• Research social and environmental issues and their causes.
B: What are Great Products?
• What are your favourite products and services?
• Find out about their impact on the environment and society, whilst learning from their failures and successes.
C: What is Social Enterprise?
• How do social enterprises work, and who is out there making a difference?
D: What is the social enterprise activity going to be?
• What are your ideas for a better future?
• What social and environmental issues do you want to change?
• Form a social enterprise idea to generate income for, or have a direct impact on, a social or environmental need.
Section 2: Change & Impact
• Plan your social enterprise activity, taking into account People, Planet, Profit at every stage.
• Run your social enterprise activity generating income and impacting on a social or environmental need.
• Gain great ethical business skills.
• Look back at what you have achieved, and tell the world about it - promoting social enterprise as a means for positive change.