Back to Learners' Journey
QCF Level 2 Award in planning and delivering one off social enterprise activity
Bronze SEQ is worth 8 credits, and is 60 Guided Learning Hours plus 20 Independent Learning Hours.
Learners research social issues and enterprises, and develop a single enterprise activity to raise money for a social need of their choice. This could be a one off market stall or event in their school, youth group, or community.
Section 1: Research & Development
A: What are social issues?
- The first step of becoming a Social Entrepreneur - what makes you mad and what you want to change about our world?
- Research social and environmental issues and their causes.
B: What are Great Products?
- What are your favourite products and services?
- Find out about their impact on the environment and society, whilst learning from their failures and successes.
C: What is Social Enterprise?
- How do social enterprises work, and who is out there making a difference?
D: What is the social enterprise activity going to be?
- What are your ideas for a better future?
- What social and environmental issues do you want to change?
- Form an enterprise idea to raise money for a social or environmental need.
Section 2: Change & Impact
- Plan your social enterprise activity, taking into account People, Planet, Profit at every stage.
- Run your social enterprise activity generating income for a social or environmental cause.
- Gain great ethical business skills.
- Look back at what you have achieved, and tell the world about it - promoting social enterprise as a means for positive change.